Stuffed and Grilled Venison LoinFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- • 1 large venison loin (backstrap) shopping list
- • 2 cups breadcrumbs shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons of white onion, chopped shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons celery, chopped shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- • 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon of cracked black peppercorns shopping list
- • 1 egg shopping list
- • 1/4 to 1/2 cup beef broth shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped fine shopping list
- • 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Saute the onions, celery and garlic in olive oil until tender. In a mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, sage and parsley. Mix in the sauted vegetables, the egg, and just enough beef broth to make the stuffing into a thick paste.
- Trim any silverskin off of the venison loin. Butterfly the loin and season it lightly with salt and pepper on both sides. Cover the cut side of loin with the herbed stuffing, roll it back together and tie it with butchers string. (Soak the string in water before tying the loin to prevent it from burning on the grill.)
- Grill the stuffed venison loin over charcoal, at a medium temperature for twenty to thirty minutes. Turn one time after fifteen minutes. Coat the outside of the loin with olive oil before it goes onto the grill, and baste with oil once more when it's turned. When the internal temperature reaches 145F (medium rare), remove, slice into sections and serve. Remove at 160F if you prefer your venison medium well.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!