Summer Squash EnchiladasFrom chefmeow 4 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded shopping list
- 6 cups diced squash shopping list
- 1 small white onion diced shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- 3 cups chopped tomato shopping list
- 16 tortillas shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter then stir in flour and chili powder.
- Add milk slowly stirring well to prevent lumps.
- Add cheese and heat gently until cheese is melted.
- Steam squash until just tender then sauté onion and garlic in oil until limp.
- Add squash and 2/3 of the sauce the grease a rectangular baking dish.
- Spoon filling on tortillas then rollup and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Spoon extra sauce on top and sprinkle with tomatoes then bake at 400 for 30 minutes.