Garden Tomato RelishFrom nainajani 4 years ago
- 10 lbs. tomatoes shopping list
- 3 large sweet onions finely chopped shopping list
- 2 medium sweet red peppers finely chopped shopping list
- 2 medium green peppers finely chopped shopping list
- 2 t. mustard shopping list
- 1 t. celery seed shopping list
- 4 1/2 C. white vinegar shopping list
- 2 1/2 C. packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 T. canning salt shopping list
- 2 t. ground ginger shopping list
- 2 t. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 t. ground allspice shopping list
- 1 t. ground cloves shopping list
- 1 t. ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan bring 8 C. water to a boil. Add tomatoes, a few at a time; boil for 30 seconds. Drain and immediately place tomatoes in ice water. Drain and pat dry; peel and finely chop. Place in a stockpot. Add onions and peppers.
- Place mustard and celery seed on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Add spice bagand remaining ingredients to pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 60-70 minutes or until slightly thickened. Discard spice bag.
- Carefully ladle relish into hot 1 pint jars, leaving 1/2" headspace. Remove air bubble; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 20 minutes in boiling water canner.
The Cooknainajani DUBAI, AE
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!