SouvlakiFrom gennymac 4 years ago
- Prep time is short, but this dish should marinate for 2 hours prior to cooking. shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless leg of lamb or lamb shoulder or pork loin, cut into 1 inch cubes, or country style pork ribs bone out shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried Greek oregano shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint shopping list
- coarse salt to taste shopping list
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Hint - When the grill is not an option, I cheat and put all the ingredients into a blender and cook in the oven. Preheat oven to 400, lay down a line of olive oil on a sheet of aluminum foil, spread meat over with marinade, fold to make a packet. Cook for 30 mins
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, onion, oregano, parsley, mint and black pepper in a bowl& mix well.
- Add meat, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate; marinate for a minimum of 2 hours but overnight for best results.
- If using wooden skewers soak them in water overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Thread meat evenly onto 4 skewers& season with salt and pepper.
- Grill skewers 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium or cook a few minutes longer if you prefer well done (6 to 7 minutes).
- Serve with tzatziki sauce is a must !
The Cookgennymac Covington, Georgia
The Rating4 people
Great flavors and great post! 5 to you!valinkenmore in Malott loved it
Wow! 5555!!!pleclare in Framingham loved it
thanks for the oven instructions!
Great recipe thanks
Susansitbynellie in Glasgow loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!