GOAT CHEESE AND ARUGULA SALADFrom spinach1948 7 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 16 small white onions shopping list
- 2 Tbs. margarine or butter shopping list
- 2 Tbs. sugar shopping list
- 6 sliced French bread, cut into ¾ inch thick shopping list
- 2 Tbs, olive oil shopping list
- 4-oz log creamy semi-soft goat cheese, cut into 6 rounds shopping list
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary leaves, or ½ tsp. Dried shopping list
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves or ½ tsp. Dried shopping list
- 2 bunches arugula, washed and dried shopping list
- vinaigrette, made with balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- 1)In a pot of lightly salted boiling water, simmer the onions for 7 minutes, or until tender.
- 2)Cool under running water. Carefully slip off the outer skin and pinch off the root ends; drain.
- 3)Melt the margarine or butter in a small skillet over low heat. Add the sugar and stir until melted. Add the onions and cook, tossing constantly, until the onions are well coated and caramelized. Reserve and keep warm.
- 4)Preheat the broiler.
- 5)Brush one side of each slice of bread with the olive oil. Place a round of the goat cheese on each slice. Sprinkle each disk of cheese with the herbs.
- 6)Place the bread on a baking sheet and broil until the edges of the bread are golden and the cheese is puffed.
- 7)Toss the arugula with enough vinaigrette to coat lightly. Divide between 2 plates. Place 3 slices of bread and 8 onions on each plate. Serve at once.
- Calories: 800 per serving ( using ¼ cup vinaigrette) To lower the calories use light or fat free vinaigrette.
- Wine: Sauvignon Blanc
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!