Pork Chops With ChestnutsFrom inatalie 7 years ago
- Got this recipe in La Cucina Italia and it is wonderful. The honey really brings all the flavors together. shopping list
- http://lacucinaitalianamagazine.com/recipe/pork_chops_with_black_pepper shopping list
- 1 pound medium yukon gold potatoes shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 1 cup roasted, shelled and skinned chestnuts (½ pound in shell or about 1 (7½-ounce) jar peeled whole) shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns shopping list
- 4 (1¼-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops (about 3½ pounds total) shopping list
- 6 fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, cut in half shopping list
- 4 whole cloves shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey ( you may want to add one more TBS of honey) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 325°.
- Cover potatoes with salted cold water by 2 inches in a large saucepan and simmer uncovered until just tender, about 20 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool slightly.
- While potatoes are simmering, cover chestnuts and bay leaf with salted cold water by 2 inches and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain in a colander and cool slightly.
- When potatoes are just cool enough to handle, peel and cut into 1½-inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chestnuts and potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer chestnuts and potatoes to a bowl. Wipe skillet dry.
- Pound peppercorns with a pestle until roughly cracked. Sprinkle cracked pepper over pork chops and season with salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add 2 pork chops, and half of the sage, rosemary and cloves. Cook, turning pork chops once, until meat is browned on both sides, about 8 minutes total. Transfer chops to a plate and repeat with remaining ingredients, adding more oil, if necessary; return chops to pan. Drizzle honey over chops, and scatter chestnuts and potatoes around pan. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chops are cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve warm.
The Cookinatalie Greensboro, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!