Chef Als Three Layer Lasagna BologneseFrom dutchie326 4 years ago
- 2 lbs ground round steak shopping list
- 1 lb bulk Italian pork sausage shopping list
- 6 strips bacon shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped fine) shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper (chopped fine) shopping list
- 6 cloves garlic (minced) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 28 oz tomato sauce (2 cans) shopping list
- 14 oz Diced tomato (1 can) shopping list
- 1 lb 'NO BOIL' lasagna noodles shopping list
- 3 lbs ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (shredded) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese (grated) shopping list
- 2 large eggs (beaten) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil leaves (chopped) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp black pepper (freshly ground) shopping list
How to make it
- Fry Bacon until crispy, place on paper towel and set aside.
- Saute Onion, Green Pepper and Garlic in Butter and Oil.
- Add Tomato Sauce and Diced Tomatoes. Simmer.
- In a separate pan, brown Ground Round and Italian Sausage.
- Drain and add to sauce. Continue to simmer.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Ricotta, Mozzarella, Parmesan Cheeses, Eggs, Basil and Black Pepper.
- Mix well.
- In a 9x13 lasagna pan, place 1/2 of Meat Sauce on bottom.
- Cover Sauce with Lasagna Noodles (just as you would lasagna)
- Over Noodles, place all the Cheese Mixture.
- Cover Cheese with more Noodles .
- Top with remaining Meat Sauce.
- Crush crisped Bacon and sprinkle evenly over top layer of Meat Sauce.
- Cover sparsely with additional Parmesan Cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil (tented).
- Bake in 450 degree oven for 40 min.
- Carefully remove foil and bake an additional 10 min.
- Remove from hot oven and cool 20-30 mins. before cutting and serving
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookdutchie326 Parker, PA
The Rating3 people
great recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it