Cocktail Party ShrimpFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 32 jumbo shrimp(about 2-1/2 lbs) peeled and deveined shopping list
- 2 sticks (8 oz) saltred butter,melted shopping list
- One 1-pound loaf white sandwich bread shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves,finely chopped shopping list
- 3 Tb chopped fresh thyme (about 6 sprigs) shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Split shrimp by cutting them lengthwise down the back,stopping just short of cutting in half. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and, using a pastry brush, brush them with 1/4 of the melted butter.
- In a food processor,pulse the bread into crumbs and transfer to small bowl. Mix remaining melted butter with hot sauce,garlic anf thyme. Pour the butter sauce over the bread crumbs,stir to combine,and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp,cut side down,on a large,sturdy baking sheet and top with a generous tablespoonful of the bread-crumb stuffing. (The tails will curl up over stuffing during baking) Bake in center of oven until the shrimp are cooked through and stuffing is lightly toasted,15 to 20 mins.