Chile Con QuesoFrom jeannej 5 years ago
- 5 Cups oil shopping list
- 20 Large tortillas (cut into quarters) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cored and chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 2 1/2 small peeled and chopped onion shopping list
- 15 chopped or serrano jalapenos shopping list
- 5 cloves paeeled and minced garlic shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 1/4 Cup dry white wine shopping list
- 10 Cups grated (longhorn ) cheese shopping list
- If you want less: shopping list
- 3/4 Cup tomato shopping list
- 3/4 Cup onion shopping list
- 4 jalapeno shopping list
- 3 garlic shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/4 or 1/8 Cup white wine shopping list
- 2 Cups cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Pour the oil into a large heavhy skillet and heat to 375. Fry the tortilla sections until crisp and lightly brown, about 2 min. Remove with a slotted spatula and drain on paper towels. Keep warm until ready to use.
- Pour all but 2 TBS of the oil out of the skillet and add the tomato, onion, chilies, and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and saute over medium heat til the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 to 7 min. Add the wine to the pan and reduce slightly. Turn heat to low, and add the cheese, ad stir until melted.
- Spoon over the tortilla wedges and serve immediately.
The Cookjeannej Raleigh, NC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!