Old Bay Beef Liver and Onion GravyFrom cuzpat 6 years ago
- 2 lbs. beef liver, sliced shopping list
- 2 c. onions shopping list
- 1 pt. water shopping list
- 3 or 4 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. Tabasco shopping list
- 2 tbsp. beef base shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. brown gravy sauce (Kitchen Bouquet) shopping list
- 2 or 3 tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
How to make it
- Batter liver with flour that is seasoned with salt, pepper and old bay
- Place on broiler pan, spread butter on top and broil until tender and lightly browned, turn; brown other side.
- Mix water, butter, salt, black pepper, old bay, Tabasco, beef base, brown gravy sauce and onion and simmer until onions are tender. Mix cornstarch with 1/3 cup water and add to gravy mixture.
- Place liver in baking dish and pour gravy mixture on top, cover and steam for 35 minutes. it can also be broiled on the grill or in a heavy skillet.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
- Not added to any groups yet!