Firecracker BeefFrom vision_patricia 7 years ago
- 1 tsp of soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp of rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp of chili garlic sauce (you'll find that in the Asian section) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of 5-spice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of ginger puree or grated ginger shopping list
- 3 cloves of roughly chopped garlic shopping list
- some black pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 oz of rice noodles shopping list
- 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts, 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Marinate the Firecracker Beef
- We're going to mix that very well and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Prepare the Rice Noodle Salad
- Now, on to the rice noodles. We're going to serve the spicy beef on cold rice noodle salad. So I have 8 oz of rice noodles, those are the thin ones. We're going to boil those for 4 minutes, they cook fast, and then we're going to rinse them in very cold water and drain them very well. We don't want a wet salad.
- Add 2 tsp of fish sauce, which is a fermented condiment, kind of like soy sauce. We're going to add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, we're going to add 2 tbsp of rice vinegar, 1/3 cup of shredded carrot. Mix it up and refrigerate until needed.
- Sear the Spicy Beef
- Alright, in a very hot preheated dry pan, we're going to sear the beef for 2 minutes per side. We want it rare, but we want it kind of caramelized on the outside. You're going to let that cool to room temperature.
- Toss the Salad
- And then we're going to finish the salad. We're going to add 2 more tbsp of rice vinegar, 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts, 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro, toss that together and our salad is ready as a base for this delicious firecracker beef.
- Slice the Firecracker Beef
- To finish the beef we're going to slice it across the grain. It is so nice and rare and juicy and delicious. So we have the sliced beef and we also have the drippings to which we're going to add the beef back into later. Preheat the pan very well and we're going to sear those beef slices for just a minute or two, just to caramelize the outside and the inside is still going to be really juicy and delicious.
- Serve the Spicy Firecracker Beef and Noodle Salad
- Go ahead and add the hot slices back to the drippings and you're going to top the cold, kind of tangy noodle salad with that hot, spicy firecracker beef, maybe a little sprinkle of peanuts. So amazingly delicious, and such a great contrast between the cold and the hot, and the sweet and the sour, and the spicy and the salty. It's just a great, great dish. I hope you give that a try. Enjoy.