HUMMUS PITA SANDWICHESFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 2 Tbs. sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 can ( 15 oz ) garbanzo beans, undrained shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- ¼ cup loosely packed parsley shopping list
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- ¼ tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 4 six-inch pita bread, cut into halves shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cucumber, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 Tbs. feta cheese crumbled shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Toast sesame seeds in small non-stick skillet over medium heat until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet and cool. Drain garbanzo beans; reserve liquid.
- 2)Place garlic in food processor. Process until minced. Add garbanzo beans, parsley, lemon juice, oil and pepper. Process until almost smooth, scraping side of bowl once. If mixture is very thick, add 1 to 2 Tbs. reserved garbanzo bean liquid. Pour hummus into medium bowl. Stir in sesame seeds.
- 3)Spread about 3 Tbs. hummus in each pita half. Divide tomatoes, cucumber and alfalfa sprouts evenly among pitas. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Calories per 2 halves : 364