Mocha PralineFrom 22566 7 years ago
How to make it
- Cover 3 sheets with heavy brown paper.
- Heat oven to 225 degrees.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy.
- Beat in 1 cup sugar,1 tablespoon at a time,continue beating until stiff and glossy.(Do Not Underbeat)
- Shape meringue into three 8" circles on brown paper.
- Bake 1 hour,turn off oven,leave meringues in oven with door closed,1 hour.
- Remove from paper, very carefully,cool.
- For the Almond Praline,cook and stir 1/2 cup sliced almonds and 1/4 cup sugar over low heat until sugar is melted and golden brown.
- Pour onto greased sheet,cool.
- Crush coarsely in plastic bag with mallet.
- After the Almond Praline has been prepared.
- Beat whipping cream,1 tablespoon sugar,the instant coffee and almond extract in a well chilled bowl until stiff.
- Reserve 2 Tablespoons of Almond Praline for garnish.
- Fold remaining praline into whipping cream.
- Stack meringues,spreading whipped cream mixture between layers and over top.
- Sprinkle with reserved praline.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
The Cook22566 TX
The Rating4 people
I am printing this out to try later. Thanks for a great post.m2googee in Tomball loved it
awsome post luv this one thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
these sound delicious.. thanks for posting
peetapeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!