Toasted Quinoa And Avocado SaladFrom dond 6 years ago
- ¾ oz canola oil shopping list
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed shopping list
- 1 cup onion, finely diced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano, crumbled shopping list
- 1¼ cups chicken stock shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced shopping list
- 2 cups tomato, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 cup tepary beans, cooked (if you can't find tepary beans, use black beans -- they work beautifully) shopping list
- ½ cup red onion, small dice, rinsed shopping list
- 1 Tbsp mint, chopped shopping list
- 1 Tbsp minced jalapeño shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1½ Tbsp lime juice shopping list
- 2 cups avocado, ½" dice shopping list
- 24 pieces Belgium endive leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the canola oil in a saucepan.
- Add the quinoa and toast, stirring constantly, until golden brown.
- Add the onions, garlic, and oregano, and stir until aromatic.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover tightly and cook for 20 minutes, or until the grain is tender.
- Spread the mixture on a sheet pan to cool. Then scoop everything into a bowl and fold in the cucumbers, tomatoes, cooked beans, onions, mint, jalapeños, and cilantro.
- Season with the juice of one lime.
- Gently fold in the avocado.
- Serve with endive leaves as shown in the photograph.