Tuscan White Bean Soup pasta e fagioliFrom mokona 6 years ago
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or other small pasta shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion, minced shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste, blended with 1 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups cooked -or- 1 15-ounce can cannellini or other white beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 6 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling water, stirring occasionally, until just al dente, approx 6 to 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cover, cooking until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then reduce the heat to low and stir in the diluted tomato paste. Add the beans, stock, red pepper flakes, bay leaves, oregano, and salt and pepper. Raise the heat, bring to a boil, then reduce to low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the reserved pasta and cook for 10 minutes to blend the flavors. Serve hot.
The Cookmokona Metro-Detroit, MI
The Rating4 people
great post wonderful recipe thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sounds great! High 5 to you!valinkenmore in Malott loved it