Sweet And Sour Stir-fry - Diadetic FriendlyFrom spinach1948 5 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 Lb. chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips shopping list
- 1 can ( 8oz ) sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1 cup 2x ½ -inch red bell pepper strips shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbs. white vinegar shopping list
- 1 can ( 8oz ) pineapple chunks packed in juice, undrained shopping list
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- ¼ cup sweetener ( sugar substitute ) shopping list
- 1 Pkg. ( 6oz ) frozen pea pods shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Heat oil in skillet or wok. Add chicken; cook until chicken is no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add water chestnuts, pepper and onion to wok; cook until vegetables are tender, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 2)Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and vinegar in a small bowl; stir to dissolve cornstarch. Add pineapple with juice, ginger and salt. Add to vegetable mixture; cook until sauce thickens, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3)Stir in sugar substitute. Add pea pods and chicken; cook until pea pods and chicken are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve equally among 4 platters.
- Calories per serving: 272
- Note: A diabetic friendly recipe.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
great post wonderful recipe, will try soon thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This is great.
Artabbott41 in Boston loved it
Diabetic And Or Lowcarb119 members
101 A Diabetic Low Carb Place158 members
Chicken Please144 members
Stovetop Cooking12 members
Diabetic Friendly Recipes43 members
Quick And Easy25 members
Awesome Chicken Recipes73 members
Gastric Bypass Support Before And After4 members
Modified Or Doctored Up Recipes15 members