Sams Easy Stuffed PeppersFrom beautidiva 4 years ago
- 8-10 green peppers shopping list
- 2 Boxes Zatarain's Spanish rice shopping list
- 2 8oz cans tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chilies shopping list
- 2 bags of shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 3 T butter or margarine shopping list
- 3 cups water shopping list
- 1 lb hamburger shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350
- You will have three pots going at once for these instructions.
- Start largest pot you got filled with water, bring to boil.
- Start browning hamburger in a pan.
- Put 3 cups water, 3 T margarine, both cans of tomatoes, and contents of rice mix in one large pan, bring to boil.
- Cut tops off of peppers and put in boiling water for 5 minutes or until they change color and soften.
- When meat is done drain and set aside.
- When rice mixture comes to boil put on low and cover. Cook for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is done.
- Take peppers out with tongs one by one letting the water drain off. Place in a 9x13 and possibly a small baking dish depending on size of peppers.
- When rice is done throw in two cans of tomato sauce, meat, and one bag of cheese. Mix real good.
- Fill peppers almost full. You probably will have extra rice mixture.
- Put enough cheese to top peppers generously.
- Put in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.