Chocolate Chunk CookiesFrom sandygalesmith 4 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (at least 60 percent cacao). coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup candy-coated milk chocolate candies shopping list
How to make it
- Position oven racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven.Preheat oven to 325o F.Spread the walnuts on a rimmed baking sheet; toast on the top rack of the oven for 7 to 10 minutes or until fragrant and golden, shaking the pan once to ensure even toasting.Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- Increase the oven temperature to 375o F.In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes or until pale and fluffy.Beat in vanilla.Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of the bowl as necessary.Beat in the flour mixture until incorporated.Stir in the walnuts, chocolate, and candies.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto two ungreased cookie sheets.Bake on separate racks in the oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown, switching pan positions halfway through baking.Let cookies cool on sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Makes About 7 Dozen Cookies
The Cooksandygalesmith Saint Joseph, MO
The Rating1 people
I agree with cuzpat on this recipe.grumpymomma in Saint Louise loved it