Grilled CatfishFrom hot_it_up 7 years ago
- 6 catfish fillets shopping list
- juice of a lemon or two shopping list
- salt and cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 cup Dark cane syrup shopping list
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1 Tbsp dried basil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp or so of ground cayenne pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Squeeze a little lemon juice on each fillet and season each with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl combine all of the marinade ingredients and mix well to ensure that spices are well blended.
- Pour into ziplock bag and place in the fillets being sure to remove as much air as you can before sealing. Allow catfish fillets to set in marinade 30 minutes.
- Grill on medium hot grill, if using charcoal that would be when you are able to hold you hand over the coals for only 3 seconds.
- Grill 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until catfish is cooked to desired doneness. Remove and keep warm.