Raspberry Meringue BarsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 3 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter cut in pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups red raspberry jam shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup flaked coconut shopping list
How to make it
- In large bowl of mixer beat the first 6 ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pat mixture on the bottom and 1" up sides of a buttered rectangular baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes then remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- Spoon red raspberry jam mixed with 1 cup chopped nuts evenly on crust.
- Beat whites until foamy then slowly add sugar and continue beating until meringue is thick.
- Fold in the coconut until blended well then spread meringue evenly over all.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes then cover pan with foil and allow to cool and cut into squares.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!