Bow Tie Pasta with Pesto Feta and Cherry TomatoesFrom mrsc543 4 years ago
- Salad: shopping list
- 1 lb bow tie pasta (farfalle) shopping list
- 3/4 cup pesto shopping list
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- olive oil, as needed shopping list
- Pesto: shopping list
- 5 big handfuls of fresh basil leaves (about two hefty bunches) shopping list
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or 3/4 cup walnuts shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place all ingredients with 1/2 cup of oil in a blender. With motor running , gradually drizzle in the remaining 1/4 cup oil until pesto is thick and smooth.
- Boil pasta in salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain pasta and place into large serving bowl. Stir in pesto until all pasta is coated. Toss in the halved tomatoes and crumbled feta. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can make this salad up to one hour before you serve it. If the salad looks a little dry, add some olive oil and stir.
- **Leftover pesto can be frozen for up to one month. Place pesto in airtight freezer safe container and cover with a thin layer of olive oil. Place plastic wrap right on top of oil and close the lid. Toss with hot cooked pasta and serve as an entree when you're pressed for time, or spread on crostini as an appetizer.