basil omelet and mozzerella sandwichesFrom jjals 5 years ago
- 25 minutes * 4 sandwiches shopping list
- 11/2 cups thinly shredded zucchini (from 1 medium zucchini) extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juic shopping list
- Coarse sea salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 8 (1-ounce) balls smoked scamorza cheese or mozzarella shopping list
- 4 (5-inch) lengths of French bread, split horizontally leaving the halves attached, lightly toasted shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, toss together zucchini, 2 teaspoons oil, lemon juice, and generous pinch salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the eggs; sprinkle with half of the basil and pinch salt and pepper. Cook, lifting edges to let uncooked egg run under¬neath and shaking skillet occasionally to loosen omelet, until almost set, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold omelet into thirds in pan and transfer to a cutting board. Repeat with remaining eggs and basil.
- Wipe pan dry with paper towel. Add cheese to pan and cook over medium-high heat until lightly golden on both sides (balls will melt and form a crust), about 5 minutes total.
- Cut omelets into 2 pieces each. Make sandwiches with zucchini, omelet pieces and cheese