Curried Chicken SaladFrom jkstern 8 years ago
- 3 lbs chicken -- whole, cut up shopping list
- 1 ea celery stalk -- with leaves shopping list
- 1 ea carrot -- cut up in 1" chunks shopping list
- 1 ea bay leaf shopping list
- 1 ea apple -- large shopping list
- 3/4 c raisins shopping list
- 1/2 c coconut flakes shopping list
- 1/2 c scallions -- cut into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 3 tbsps mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tbsp curry powder -- hot shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cut up chicken and boil with celery, parsley, carrot, and bay over medium-high heat until cooked through, removing smaller pieces as they become done. Discard vegetables and strain and reserve stock for soup.
- Skin and bone chicken cutting pieces into a half-inch dice.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Chill for at least four hours.
The Cookjkstern Long Island City, NY
The Rating4 people
This was downright delicious JK. Stand at the frig eating out of the leftover bowl GOOD!!helewes in Newton loved it
I improvised and used chicken breast that I had leftover, will definitely try the exact recipe in the future, already smells awesome, might not be able to wait 4 hours to eat it :)ktorres926 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!