Crockpot Chicken and Gravy with PotatoesFrom snt420 6 years ago
How to make it
- How much onion/celery/carrot you use depends on how much chicken you use. I tend to eyeball measurements for things like this and the seasosnings. You might need to add a jar or two of gravy if you use 8 chicken breast halves.
- Trim the chicken breasts of the fat and place in one layer(if possible) on the bottom of a large crockpot (6 or 7 qt)
- Season with garlic, salt and pepper (I like to use the Garlic and Pepper McCormick grinder, along with the Garlic and Seasalt grinder)
- Put onions/celery/carrots on top of chicken
- Then pour the jars of turkey gravy on top
- Season again with garlic/salt/pepper
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- After at least 6 hours, you can take a fork and knife and break up the chicken in the crockpot into medium sized chunks. (you'll break it up the rest of the way later)
- Let the chicken keep cooking while you boil some potatoes for making mashed potatoes.
- By the time the potatoes are done, the chicken is even more tender and you can easliy shred it the rest of the way.
- Pour chicken gravy mixture over the potatoes and serve.
- You can serve this with wide egg noodles too, but the gravy mixes better and becomes a little thicker with the potatoes.