Gluten-Free Dutch BabiesFrom at0micgirl 5 years ago
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk or nondairy liquid (i use rice milk) shopping list
- 1/4 cup GF Mix (mix follows below) shopping list
- powdered sugar for dusting shopping list
- GF Mix: 2 parts white rice flour, 2/3 part potato starch flour, 1/3 part tapioca flour (Mix & this recipe, except sauce, developed by Betty Hagman - The gluten-Free Gourmet - buy her book!) shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- Frozen berries (blue/rasp/strawberries or a mix) shopping list
- orange juice or lemon juice, less for thick sauce, more for runny sauce shopping list
- arrowroot or corn Starch (mix small amt in water first) shopping list
- Sweetener - sugar, maple syrup, honey or agave shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degree F.
- Melt butter in glass pie pan - make sure not to brown it!
- Meanwhile, mix eggs and milk in a blender.
- Add flour and blend again.
- Pour into pie pan.
- Bake 18 mins.
- Serve with sauce, syrup, jam, or crushed fruit.
- Dust with powdered sugar (a mini-strainer works great for this!)
- For sauce: Mix everything together in a small sauce pan, except starch, over low heat. Feel free to add spices (e.g. mint or cinnamon as desired) at this time. While stirring, mix starch into sauce and turn heat to high for 1 minute til almost bubbling. Keep stirring, turn heat down to low and sauce will thicken.
- Supposedly makes 4 servings, but I make this for my 2 yr and he eats 1/4th of this, and I usually can eat the rest!
The Cookat0micgirl Minneapolis, MN
The Rating2 people
great post... I put the recipe in the 101 gluten free place... five forks
peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
The dutch baby turned out really well, however, I added vanilla and salt to the batter. I used soymilk and a really good Gluten Free Flour. I'd recommend "Authentic Foods All Purpose Flour-Multi-blend Flour." This flour is ideal for cooking...morejgoldensea in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!