Cinnamon Zucchini Bread--Take 2

• Cosmicmother 3 years ago
    I made this Cinnamon Zucchini Bread again with the changes in leavening like I suggested in my earlier review post here: Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
    Initially I was going to cut out most of the baking soda. But as I researched other zucchini loaf recipes I noticed that the majority of recipes called for double the flour and baked two loaves, and that those doubled recipes used a whole tsp. each of baking powder and soda (like this recipe does but it's only a single loaf). So, I thought I would start with half the amount of baking powder and soda and see how it goes.
    Well, it turned out fantastic! So much better than I thought. The bread rose beautifully in the center, with the tell tale crack in the middle letting me know the baking soda did its job correctly! The outside was lighter in colour and not crispy and hard. And the inside was lighter again, more tender, airy and moist. The flavour was absolutely wonderful! The flavour of orange and cinnamon came through with no bitterness. It's perfect!!
    So I highly recommend to cut both the baking soda and baking powder in half and you'll have the most wonderful zucchini loaf! I also added a pinch of nutmeg and clove to the bread, I found this really amped up the orange flavour and I will definitely make it that way for now on.
    Flag
  • Cosmicmother 3 years ago said:
    The pictures on the left of the side-by-side photos are the ones with half the baking soda and baking powder.
    Flag
  • LindaLMT 3 years ago said:
    Beautiful! It looks so much better and I’m sure tastes it too.
    Flag
  • eastcoaster 3 years ago said:
    Lovely photos Shona, what a difference, thank you for the good hints about the baking powder and soda.
    Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 3 years ago said:
    Glad you got it figured out Shona, what a difference!
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →