Irish Bannock for March 2017 Recipe Challenge

• bakerme 7 years ago
    From Rescue_ranger: Irish Bannock

I tried this instead of my usual Irish soda bread for our St. Patrick's Day dinner and both my husband and I loved it. It tastes like a great big scone! I'm going to make it all year long instead of just for St. Patrick's Day - yum! I *really* like that the ingredients are listed in the order in which they're used, and the directions are well written and easy to understand. I *hate* when ingredients and amounts are listed randomly and I have to hunt for them when making a recipe :p
    Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 7 years ago said:
    I know what you mean about the ingredient list and directions matching up. Sometimes it gets confusing, especially when an ingredient in the directions is added early on, but at the bottom of the ingredient list. Then I'm like, "Wait, did I do that right?" Lol. This looks really good though, was the crust soft or chewy?
    Flag
  • bakerme 7 years ago said:
    I'm the same, Mommyluvs. Right in the middle of mixing something up, I hate having to go back and forth trying to find the right ingredient and amount, then wonder later if I added it! Too confusing for me :p

The crust was on the crunchy side when it first came out of the oven, which my husband loves, but got soft and chewy covered overnight, which is how I like it. It was so good with our morning coffee, and we still have some left for tomorrow - yaaay!
    Flag
  • LindaLMT 7 years ago said:
    Yum! I bet it would make great French toast ...
    Flag
  • mommyluvs2cook 7 years ago said:
    Ooohh..I agree with Linda, French toast!!
    Flag
    Hmmmm, that's a good idea, but we ate the last of it for breakfast this morning! I'm definitely making this again to have with our morning coffee year 'round.
    Flag
  • CherylsCookingNow 7 years ago said:
    Glad it turned out well and thank you for sharing.
    Flag
    Cheryl, it was quick and easy to throw together and we loved it! Easy to eat, too ;)
    Flag

Have a comment? Join this group first →