yam cornbread with chiliesFrom peetabear 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 tbsp. orange juice shopping list
- 1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato shopping list
- 1/2 cup skim milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup yellow or white cornmeal shopping list
- 3/4 cup unbleached flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. each cinnamon and cardamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen corn kernels shopping list
- 4-oz. can chopped green chilies, rinsed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In an electric mixer or food processor, add margarine; cream until fluffy, 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar; pulse 1 minute.
- Add egg, egg white, orange juice, sweet potato, and milk.
- Add dry ingredients; mix well.
- Fold in corn and green chilies by hand (batter will be thick.)
- Divide mixture into two 9-in. pie tins coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 15 minutes. Remove to rack; cool.
- Makes 16 servings.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
This does sound good! Sweet and spicy all together...yummm!juels in Clayton loved it
OH YEAH BABY THIS REALLY SOUNDS GREAT
TINKminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!