Baked Shrimp and Eggplant ballsFrom hot_it_up 4 years ago
- 2 tablespoons margarine( I use butter but this is health friendly) shopping list
- 1/2 bunch green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1 small white onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled (chopped if large) shopping list
- 2 large eggplants, peeled, chopped, cooked shopping list
- creole seasoning to taste shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- Italian bread crumbs( just get a box, you have to adjust the amount) shopping list
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan shopping list
How to make it
- Melt margarine; saute onions and bell pepper until soft. Add shrimp and cook until pink. Add eggplants and creole seasoning; cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Drain excess liquid.
- Add eggs; when cooked, add bread crumbs and cheese to thicken. Form into balls and heat on baking sheet for 10 minutes in 350-degree oven. May be frozen before baking.
- make these the size of sausage balls . You can cook the eggplant in a skillet with seasoned water until tender to save on fat content, or saute in margarine.
- I have made these with crawfish and mirlitons so I am sure this recipe will work.
The Cookhot_it_up Columbiana, AL
The Rating3 people
Sometimes a 'little tweak' is a "Good Thing"~
"5"FORK!!!!! for a 'Tweaking' delicious recipe~
It is a MUST 'Make&Taste'~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
This sounds reeeeeeeaaaaaallllly good! thanks to a great recipe. Gotta find some raw shrimp.....
555555555555555555555555ttaaccoo in Buffalo loved it
I like the tweak!victoriaregina in USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!