Stinky Cheesy White Wine SauceFrom myka 4 years ago
- 1/2 cup white wine (my fav for this recipe is Pinot Blanc) shopping list
- 3 tbsp asiago cheese (finely grated) shopping list
- 1 cup 18% cream shopping list
- 1/2 tsp powdered chicken stock shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- salt to taste (try sea salt!) shopping list
- corn starch shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow pot add chicken stock and wine. Bring to a gentle simmer. Reduce to half volume.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Turn heat down to a very very gentle simmer.
- Add cream and cheese, stirring continuously.
- When cheese has melted and all is well stirred together add corn starch until sauce thickens. Stir continuously.
- Let sit 5 mins before serving. It will get thicker as it sits, so don't add too much corn starch.