Dennis Chans Marinated DuckFrom midgelet 4 years ago
- Marinade: shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 3 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon mustard (powdered) shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons curry powder shopping list
- Few drops sesame oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup rice wine or gin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 tablespoons fresh crushed garlic shopping list
- 3 teaspoons fresh chopped ginger, crushed shopping list
- 5 to 6 stalks green onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1 to 2 yellow onions, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 4 to 5 large ducks or 8 to 9 teal ( small ducks/ducklings ) shopping list
- 4 to 5 slices bacon (if cooking whole ducks) shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients (soy sauce through ginger) and mix well.
- Add the chopped green onions, parsley and yellow onions to the liquid and stir to combine.
- (This is the marinade.)
- For whole duck or teal: Salt and pepper inside and out.
- Take a handful of vegetables from the marinade and place in the cavity.
- Rub some of the marinade on the outside of the duck.
- Repeat with remaining ducks.
- Place ducks back in the marinade and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- For duck pieces:
- If desired, cut the duck in half or take the breastbone out, leaving two pieces with thighs and legs attached.
- Cutting the breast away from the leg and thigh will give you 4 pieces to cook.
- Place the duck pieces in the marinade and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- To cook:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove ducks from marinade and place in a roasting pan.
- For whole ducks, place 1 strip of bacon on each duck.
- Cook duck, whole or pieces, until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees with a meat thermometer (not touching bone), up to an hour.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
luv BBq. Duxk its Yummy thanks bunches high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
The ingredients are fabulous! High 5!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I will just small down the amount of veggies and put five slices of bacon on one wild duck.\0
Jeffhot_it_up in Columbiana loved it