Snappy Sweet Potato CrackersFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
How to make it
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together into a large bowl. Add butter and by hand work it ito the flour mixture until it becomes a coarse meal texture.
- Cook sweet potato in boiling water until softened. Cool, remove skin and purée with milk to make a smooth mixture. You will need 1 cup of sweet potato purée.
- Beat sweet potato purée into flour and then turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead well (about 80 turns).
- Divide dough into 4 pieces and roll each very thin.
- Cut into rounds or squares. Sprinkle with salt, sesame seeds and a little cayenne, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10 minutes until bottoms are slightly browned. Turn over and bake 3-4 minutes more. Cool on rack before storing in a airtight container.