Party Potato SkinsFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- 8 sm. baking potatoes shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
- garlic salt shopping list
- 2 c. (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives, divided shopping list
- 2 tbsp. chopped green chiles shopping list
- 1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub potatoes, and rub skins with oil. Prick each potato several times with fork. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are done. Allow potatoes to cool to touch. Cut top third off each potato; discard tops. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving about 1/8 inch thick shells. Save pulp for other uses.
- Fry potato skins in hot 375 degree oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Invert and drain on paper towels. Place potato skins, cut side up, on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic salt and Cheddar cheese. Broil 6 inches from heat for 30 seconds or until cheese melts. Top potato skins with bacon and 1 tablespoon chives.
- Press green chiles between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Combine chiles, sour cream, and red pepper in a small bowl; stir well. Top with remaining 1 tablespoon chives. Serve with potato skins