A Variation On The Theme Of Chicken PicattaFrom fewls 6 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 8 scallops of chicken – 3 breasts filleted into 3 scallops each then pounded between waxed paper to ¼ inch shopping list
- 2 T olive or canola oil shopping list
- 5 T butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, or canned, low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- ¼ c. dried mushrooms (porcini, shitake are really good, alone or in combo) reconstituted in1/2 c. boiling water-break the dried mushrooms into small pieces before reconstituting shopping list
- 1/2 T lemon juice shopping list
- 2 T capers, drained shopping list
- 2 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 2 T butter shopping list
- 1 T parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the flour with salt, cayenne and black pepper in a shallow bowl.
- One at a time, dredge the scallops in the seasoned flour, shaking to remove any excess.
- Heat 1 T of oil and melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When the butter foam subsides, add ½ of the chicken scallops and cook until golden brown and just cooked through - about 2 minutes each side.
- Drain on paper towels and set aside in an oven proof baking dish (will serve as your serving dish).
- Add 1 T oil and 2 T of butter to the pan and sauté the second batch of chicken.
- When completed, place in a 250º oven to keep warm, until you make the sauce.
- Add the wine to the juices remaining in the pan and bring to a boil, stir to deglaze the pan, and cook until the wine is reduced by half, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Take about a tablespoon of the remaining seasoned flour and add some water, a little at a time to make a thin paste.
- Add a little at a time to thicken the sauce very slightlyand stirring so there are no lumps .
- Add the reconstituted mushrooms and the juice, chicken stock, lemon juice, capers, and garlic and return to a boil, stirring until the mixture is thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and the parsley.
- Reduce to medium heat and when the butter is melted give it a stir and return all of the chicken scallops to the pan and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken scallops in the now hot serving dish and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Because of the reconstituted mushrooms, the sauce is darker than the normal Picatta sauce.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookfewls Helotes, TX
The Rating4 people
This "5"FORK!!!!! recipe will surely be
on my 'Make&Taste' list!
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
When I first looked.. I thought a lot of effort.. But reading. It's really not.. Great recipe.. Thankslinebb956 in La Feria loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!