Four Cheese Mashed Potatoes With Wild Mushrooms and Bacon BitsFrom cuzpat 7 years ago
- 2 1/2 pounds (6 to 7 medium-sized) Russet baking potatoes peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 cups (about 6 ounces) chopped mushrooms such as chanterelle, cremini morel, oyster and shiitake shopping list
- bacon bits about 6 tablespoons mix in shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions with some green tops shopping list
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) soft, spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) shredded provolone shopping list
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) shredded fontina shopping list
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan or asiago cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon onion powder mix in shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper salt mix in shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm milk shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling water until very tender, about 18 minutes.
- Drain in colander.
- Return potatoes to pot and mash with potato masher.
- While potatoes are cooking, heat butter in 10-inch skillet until melted. Add mushrooms and onions and cook until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir cheeses into hot potatoes until smooth. Add milk to make a creamy consistency. Stir in mushroom mixture.
- Place in serving bowl and serve immediately. Sprinkle with additional grated cheese, if desired.
The Cookcuzpat Sikeston, Mo
The Rating5 people
wow! Ill go for this one thanks bunches print try and save soonmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Love this - it sounds so flavorful! Saving it for Thanksgiving!
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
this is a winner.. wish I could give you more than a five...
peetapeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it