Ginger Chicken with ScallionsFrom mrsc543 4 years ago
- 1 lemon shopping list
- 4 quarter-size pieces of ginger, unpeeled shopping list
- 4 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 lb total) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup scallions, cut diagonally into 1-inch to 2-inch lengths shopping list
- 1/2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Grate lemon zest from half the lemon.
- Cut the remaining half of the lemon into paper-thin slices.
- Mince the ginger.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, warm 2 tsp of olive oil until hot but not smoking.
- Add chicken and saute until golden all over., about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and cover loosely to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the chicken broth.
- Add the remaining 2 tsp of oil to the skillet and add ginger, garlic,scallions and the lemon zest and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the lemon slices, sugar, red pepper flakes and the black pepper.
- Return to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about five minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot with equal amounts of scallions and sauce.
The Cookmrsc543 North Reading, MA
The Rating4 people
Sounds great! Thanks for the nice post.
Valerievalinkenmore in Malott loved it
Sounds delicious!a1patti in Salem loved it
Yum... great post five forkspeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it