Grilled Asparagus With Garlic Pepper SauceFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds jumbo fresh asparagus trimmed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup drained and roughly chopped roasted red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes packed in oil drained and chopped shopping list
- 2 slices baguette lightly toasted and torn into pieces shopping list
- 2 tablespoons blanched slivered almonds toasted shopping list
- 1 clove garlic roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cool water shopping list
How to make it
- Blanch asparagus in a frying pan large enough to hold asparagus in one layer.
- Bring approximately 3" of water to a boil then stir in 1 tablespoon and asparagus.
- Cook at a medium boil until lightly underdone about 3 minutes then drain and cool.
- Brush asparagus with olive oil then grill asparagus turning frequently for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper then cool completely and set aside.
- Puree roasted red pepper and next 8 ingredients then drizzle in 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- If necessary thin with 1 tablespoon water at a time until thick sauce like consistency is reached.
- Arrange asparagus on a serving platter and serve with sauce poured over the top.