Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Mango SalsaFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- For the Pulled pork Sandwiches shopping list
- 1 pork butt shopping list
- 10 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 T vegetable oil shopping list
- 1T ground cumin shopping list
- 2 t Turkish red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/2 c honey shopping list
- 2 c fresh orange juice shopping list
- 2 c coffee (or 4 shots of espresso) shopping list
- 1 1/2 c ketchup shopping list
- 1c brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1c red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 T tomato paste shopping list
- 1T dry mustard shopping list
- Large buns of choice shopping list
- For the mango Salsa shopping list
- 2 mangos, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced shopping list
- 3T fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1t minced fresh jalapeño shopping list
- 1c chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches:
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Pierce the pork all over with the tip of a paring knife, and then insert pieces of garlic into the slits.
- Put the pork on a rack in a roasting pan and roast for 20 minutes, then reduce the heat to 325°F and roast for 2 hours longer.
- Take out the pork but leave the oven on.
- Let the pork stand until cool enough to handle, which will take a good half-hour.
- Now simply pull the pork apart (it should shred easily) and set aside until the sauce is ready.
- Don’t toss the roasted garlic—put it in with the shredded meat.
- While the pork is roasting and cooling, make the sauce:
- In a stockpot, sweat the onions in the oil over medium heat along with the cumin and red pepper flakes; cook for a few minutes, just until the onions begin to wilt.
- Stir in the honey and cook for 5 to 7 minutes longer, stirring occasionally; the honey will start to caramelize, darkening in color.
- Add the orange juice and bring to a bare simmer.
- Add the coffee, ketchup, sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, and mustard, whisking to blend.
- Simmer the sauce for 15 minutes to let all the flavors come together.
- Mix the pork into the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and transfer to the oven to slowly stew for 45 minutes.
- Check and stir occasionally; if the sauce starts to cook dry, add a little more coffee or a few spoonfuls of water.
- Mango Salsa:
- Mix the mangos with the onion, lime juice, and jalapeño, and season with salt and pepper.
- Wait to add the cilantro until just before serving, otherwise the acids will wilt it and darken it.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
great post luv mangoes great flavor combo thanks high5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Sound very good!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
Modern Entertaining72 members
Home Made Sandwiches77 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
Pork To Go99 members
Cilantro Lovers130 members
Just Sandwiches132 members
Delicious Foods39 members
101 All About Honey44 members
Meat Glorious Meat62 members
Restaurant Recipes68 members