Fish Tacos With Fresh Peach and Nectarine SalsaFrom sosousme 6 years ago
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas (yellow or white, your choice) shopping list
- 1 pound red snapper fillets (all bones removed with tweezers) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (crush between your fingers into a powder) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups shredded white cabbage shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro shopping list
- lime wedges, optional shopping list
- fresh peach/Nectarine salsa shopping list
- 3/4 cup peeled fresh firm ripe peaches (about 1 large) shopping list
- 3/4 cup fresh firm ripe unpeeled nectarine (about 1 large) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced* shopping list
- Pinch of sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- *LindySez: check the "heat" factor of your jalapeno by tasting a small piece as their flavor profile ranges from green pepper to Serrano. This pretest allows you to adjust the heat of your salsa. Also, remember to wear gloves or wash your hands immediately after working with peppers to keep that heat out of your eyes (or other sensitive places) . shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Best to allow to sit for 30 minutes to give the flavors a chance to meld.
- Heat the tortillas according to package directions; keep warm.
- Mix the chili powder, cumin, crushed oregano and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle the fish fillets evenly on both sides with the spice mixture.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the fish; cook, turning once, until the fish flakes when tested, about 3 minutes per side.
- Separate the fish into 8 equal portions. Put 1 portion of fish into each tortilla; top with about 2 tablespoons cabbage, 2 tablespoons of the salsa and a sprinkle of cilantro. Serve immediately with lime wedges, if desired.
- Per Serving: 301 Calories; 6g Fat (1g Sat, 2g Mono, 1g Poly); 28g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 42mg Cholesterol; 572mg Sodium.