Toasted-Oatmeal CookiesFrom myrna 6 years ago
- ¾ cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups rolled oats shopping list
- ½ cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup raisins or other dried fruit (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter and add oats. Cook over medium-high
- heat, stirring regularly, until oats are beginning to brown. Set aside to
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and
- salt. Add oats and stir to combine.
- 4. In a smaller bowl, combine brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. When
- dry-ingredient/oat mixture is just warm to the touch, add wet ingredients
- and stir to combine. Add nuts and/or dried fruit, if desired.
- 5. Drop dough in rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake
- 8-10 minutes for a chewier cookie, 10-12 minutes for a crispier cookie.
- 6. Try not to eat them while they’re still hot, because they’ll fall
The Cookmyrna Leuven, BE
The Rating5 people
Oatmeal cookies are a favorite in our house and this sounds sooooo good!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Wonderful!!a1patti in Salem loved it
a goody for sure!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!