Eggplant In Chinese Garlic SauceFrom midgelet 6 years ago
How to make it
- Rinse eggplant well.
- Cut off tops and bottoms of the eggplants, but do not remove the skin.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise.
- Use a knife to carefully cut a line down the middle of the eggplant, lengthwise.
- The line cut should be deep, but take care not to cut into the skin.
- Use a fork to puncture a few holes along the length of the eggplant as well.
- Heat oil in skillet on medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add eggplant face down (skin side up).
- Allow to cook for two minutes and then add 1/4 cup of water.
- Add lid to skillet and allow eggplant to steam at medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
- While eggplant is steaming, prepare sauce.
- Put cornstarch in a bowl then add soy sauce and mix well.
- Add brown sugar and rice vinegar and mix well.
- Mince garlic clove and add to sauce bowl.
- Finely chop green onion and set aside.
- Once the eggplant have finished steaming, turn stove off and add sauce directly to the skillet and stir quickly to prevent cornstarch from clumping.
- Use a spatula to gently remove eggplant from skillet.
- To serve, spoon sauce over eggplant and garnish with green onion.
- Note: recipe doubles nicely and I added the sauce directly to the steamed eggplant in the pan , cooked it a bit and it came out just wonderful!
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating2 people
Love eggplant and this sounds so different. Thanks for the great post!mrsc543 in North Reading loved it
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Quick N Easy123 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Chinese Food136 members
Vegetarian Spicy Delights40 members
Quick Simple And Tasty52 members
All Things Vegetarian65 members
Cooking For 1 Or 213 members
Quick And Easy26 members
A Taste Of Eggplant64 members