Ricotta-Stuffed Chicken RollsFrom peetabear 5 years ago
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot shopping list
- 1 small onion, sliced shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 7-1/2-ounce can tomatoes shopping list
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning, crushed shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 3 small chicken breasts (1-1/4 pounds) shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese shopping list
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. For sauce, spray a cold large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add celery, mushrooms, carrot, onion, and garlic. Cook until onion is tender. Cut up tomatoes. Stir undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and sugar into vegetables. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until mixture is reduced to 2 cups.
- 2. Meanwhile, skin, bone, and cut chicken breasts lengthwise in half. Place each chicken piece between 2 pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- 3. In a bowl stir together ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and parsley. Spoon about 1-1/2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each chicken piece. Fold in long sides of chicken piece, then roll up from short end. Place chicken rolls, seam side down, in an 8x8x2-inch baking dish. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- 4. Before serving, bake, covered, in a 375 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. If desired, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; bake 4 minutes more. Transfer to a platter. Makes 6 servings.
People Who Like This Dish 11
- mrsc543 North Reading, MA
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- spinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
- cuzpat Sikeston, Mo
- carmenperez Hormigueros, PR
- curiouscook Chester, PA
- grk Houston, TX
- meileen Zhuhai GuangDong, CN
- goblue434 Anniston, AL
- marpar Copenhagen, DK
- Plus 1 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating7 people
We can get too full hanging around this site LOL!
good recipes!!cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
This is marvy.
This italian guy loves this, great recipe.
5 for you.
EDspinach1948 in Dorchester-Boston loved it
ohh yummy peeta i love these they look good i love chickenminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!