ZUCCHINI-MOCK APPLE PIEFrom spinach1948 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 6 cups zucchini (peel, cut lengthwise, remove seeds, slice 1/4-inch thick, then slice 1 1/2 -inch length ) shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vinegar shopping list
- margarine shopping list
- Pastry for 9' pie, two-crust pie shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cook zucchini slices in boiling water until barely tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from stove and drain well (see “Tips,” below). In a bowl, toss zucchini with sugars, cinnamon, cream of tartar, cornstarch, and salt until well coated.
- Place pastry in a 9-inch, greased pie pan. Fill with zucchini mix. Dot with butter, drizzle with vinegar. Top with crust. Bake for 12 minutes at 475.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Tip: Make sure the zucchini is well-drained and cooled before adding to sugar mixture or sugar will liquefy and make a river in your pie dish.
The Cookspinach1948 Dorchester-Boston, MA
The Rating4 people
Wow! Very unique! Cannot wait to try it.clbacon in Birmingham loved it
Got to try it, i seen it all over the net,but never tried it yet! high5cuzpat in Sikeston loved it
great post know its gotta be delicous high65 Ed thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it