Meat Roll-upsFrom tuilelaith 5 years ago
How to make it
- In a large bowl cut the butter into the flour until the micxture looks like cornmeal.
- Add the cottage cheese and stir until the dough ball forms.
- Turn out onto a floured board and knead several minutes.
- Roll the dough out to about 1/8-inch thickness.
- This amount of dough should allow you to cut 4 rectangles of dough about 7 by 9 inches in size.
- Into each rectangle of dough, place 1/3 cup of your favorite meat filling.
- Roll the dough around the filling and seal the ends.
- Continue until all 4 are on the baking sheet.
- Beat the egg yolks and brush on the rolls.
- Bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool some before serving, but do serve warm.
- Any leftovers can go into tomorrow's lunch box, but only with the danger that they will be expected in future lunch boxes!
- The filling you ask!?!
- That's where the fun comes in, when you try combinations like chopped cooked potatoes, corned beef in small chunks, chopped onions and/or chopped celery.
- Try this combo flavored with either mustard or Worcestershire.
- Or use your imagination, adding chicken, pork, hamburger or even bacon!!!!
- Cheese, do not forget the cheese!!!!
- I love cheese!