Lemon Pudding CustardFrom nancerose 6 years ago
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt, optional shopping list
- 3 cups milk, heated until very hot shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- Sliced fresh strawberries shopping list
- jam, jelly or fruit preserves shopping list
- lemon peel strips, optional shopping list
- fresh mint leaves, optional shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, juice, grated peel, vanilla and salt, if desired, until well blended. Stir in milk.
- Place 6 (6-ounce) spray-coated custard cups in large baking pan. Pour egg mixture into custard cups. Place pan on rack in preheated 350 degrees F oven. Pour very hot water into pan to within 1/2 inch of top of custards.
- Bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove promptly from hot water. Cool on wire rack about 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm or chilled. Invert onto individual plates.
- Arrange sliced strawberries around each custard. Spoon jam on top of each custard. Garnish with lemon peel strips and mint leaves, if desired.
The Cooknancerose Longlac, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!