Herbed Chicken Stir-FryFrom nancerose 5 years ago
- 2 3/4 cups chicken broth (stock), divided shopping list
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice shopping list
- 2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips shopping list
- 1 cup sliced yellow summer squash shopping list
- 1 cup sliced zucchini shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 2 tbsp prepared herb butter shopping list
- 1 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups broth to a boil. Stir in rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, yellow squash, zucchini, onion and garlic in herb butter for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in the lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
- (Herbed Butter)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Save remaining for another use.
The Cooknancerose Longlac, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!