Cornish Hen SoupFrom betty_boop 5 years ago
- Okay.. shopping list
- Start with shopping list
- 2 Cornish hens shopping list
- 1/2 lb of smoked sausage shopping list
- 1/2 lb of Tasso shopping list
- 1/4 cup or less of cooking oil this is used to brown meat. shopping list
- 4 stalks green onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley shopping list
- 1 small white or yellow onions shopping list
- 6 to 8 or more... lol jalapeno peppers slices shopping list
- seasoning of your taste.. I use Slap yo mama about 2 teaspoons shopping list
- 1 can of tomato paste shopping list
- 2 cans of whole cut corn / or fresh corn off the cob if you have use about 3 to 4 cups shopping list
- 4 small diced potato (can use diced can potato use 2) shopping list
- 1 can of sliced carrots (optional) shopping list
- drain water..from cans of corn , other veggies set aside into the water from the boil of the Cornish hens shopping list
How to make it
- Place cornish Hens in a pot to boil.
- Add some season to the boil.. (little salt , pepper )
- After the hen is boiled.. removed the hen , keeping the boiled season water set it aside.
- place the hens in a colander run cool water onto them and take the meat off of the bone
- Place the meat into a bowl.
- In another pot (soup pot)
- Place on stove top
- add oil
- add sausage, tasso saute' until partly cooked
- add the debone cornish hen to this
- saute' for about 15 minutes.. stirring often
- Remove all meat from pot place in bowl
- add Onions with parsley green onions, jalapeno peppers
- saute' until they look cooked. not over cooked.
- Add the one can of Tomato paste
- saute it until dark with the left over meat juices and saute' onions
- it will look like it wants to stick to bottom of pot this is fine just do not burn it
- you might turn down your heat after about 10 minutes of stirring.
- Then add meat back into pot
- Add your seasoning (slap yo mama/ salt , pepper/or Tony's / LSU dust of you choice)
- saute' just for a bit about 2 minutes
- Add all veggies corn potato, carrots
- saute' for about 10 minutes
- Then add water from the veggies and cornish hen boil (known as stock) but DO NOT ADD ALL WATER AT ONE TIME.
- ADD ABOUT ONE CUP AT A TIME to saver the juice of the meat and seasoning
- keep adding water till you reach the amount you will need for your soup. Just don't get
- the soup TO THIN.
- That's it!
- Don't forget to make your cornbread...hmmmm..
- You may serve over rice or just eat this with crackers...
The Cookbetty_boop Sulphur, LA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!