Walnut Bread and Pumpkin ButterFrom peetabear 7 years ago
- 1 cup unbleached flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cups milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup walnut oil shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts shopping list
- .............................................................................. shopping list
- pumpkin butter shopping list
- For pumpkin Butter: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Walnut Bread:Combine flours, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine milk, oil, egg, lemon juice, and vanilla; stir with a wire whisk until blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Stir in walnuts.
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack. Serve with pumpkin butter.
- Pumpkin Butter: Beat butter at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Cover and chill at least 3 hours. Let butter stand at room temperature to soften before serving. I serve this in a hollowed out mini-pumpkin. Makes: 1-1/4 cups.
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!