lebanese leg of lambFrom viejoverde 6 years ago
- 1 leg of lamb about 4 ibs fat trimmed shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped coriandre shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsely shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh min shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1 lemon cut in half and thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- preheat over to 400 deg. make slit in the lamb and insert the garlic
- sliver and the sliced lemon slices. combine herbs,pepper,salt and oil rub and coat the mixture over the leg of lamb. place lamb on rack of roasting pan and pour water in base of roasting pan. cook for 30 minutes per pound. take out of over, cover loosely with foil and let it
- rest for about 15 minutes.
- a nice salad of tomatoes,arugula and cucumbers with a simple lemon and extra virgin olive oil, some mixed pickles such as peppercini peppers,turnips and beets...fresh pita bread and some light red wine.
- most of the mediterranean countries eat this lamb by hand so no fork and knife needed......