Pear StrudelFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then peel core and dice pears.
- Place pears, water and lemon peel in a nonstick saucepan.
- Cook over moderate heat until soft but still firm stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat then add raisins, sugar and nutmeg then remove lemon rind.
- Lay a sheet of pastry on a greased baking tray and lightly brush with melted margarine.
- Place another sheet of pastry directly on top of first sheet and brush with margarine.
- Repeat the process with remaining two sheets.
- Lay pear mixture along length of sheet leaving at least 2" from sides and edges.
- Fold sides and edges over then gently roll mixture up to resemble a Swiss roll.
- Brush edges and top of strudel with margarine then slash top diagonally with serrated knife.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes then serve warm topped with ricotta cheese or whipped cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!